Monday, August 20, 2012

150-Calorie Morning Mocha Smoothie



Yesterday I was inspired by a recipe on Pinterest to come up with my own variation of a mocha smoothie.  The recipe that inspired me called for Starbucks Instant Iced Coffee, but I discovered that it is 50 calories per serving (from sugar) and also about twice the price of a jar of instant espresso.  For a mere $3.99 I picked up a jar of Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso Coffee.


The smoothie was just what I needed for a morning pick me up to get up and start writing.  I'm excited to tell you that I am getting very close to being finished with my guide book about low calorie eating.  It mostly covers what you can eat out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Plus it will include low-cal meals to prepare at home.  My intention is for the book to take the guess work out of calorie counting and enable readers to create easy meal plans.  I will be sure to let you know when it is finally available on Amazon so keep checking back.

 

Ingredients

1.5 Tsp. Instant Espresso Powder, dissolved in 1.5 oz. boiling water
6 Ice Cubes
8 oz. Chocolate Soy Milk Light
2 Tbsp. EAS AdvantEdge Protein Powder (Optional)

 

Directions

Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until frothy.

Serving Size: 1 Smoothie

Nutritional Info


  • Servings Per Recipe: 1
  • Calories: 146.7
  • Total Fat: 1.8 g
  • Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
  • Sodium: 143.3 mg
  • Total Carbs: 21.3 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
  • Protein: 9.7 g 

Calories per Ingredient

Here are the foods that were used for the nutrition calculations of this recipe. Skipping the optional protein powder shaves off 57 calories.

Calories per serving of 150-Calorie Morning Mocha Smoothie

90 calories of Chocolate Milk (SILK Light - SOY MILK), (1 serving)

57 calories of EAS Advant Edge Protein Powder, (2 tbsp)

0 calories of Medaglia D'oro Instant Espresso Coffee, (1.50 tsp)

Enjoy!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment